Starting Point

Starting Point
Rough, but a start.

Friday, March 11, 2011

The girls have a name... "Monty"


Picked the girls up from school and they all wanted to go see "Monty". Monty? Who's that? Like with every Mustang, (or any vehicle we own) the girls have dubbed this classic Monty-rey. Monty for short. We get to the shop and the girls yank open the door pile inside and begin discussing their first trip, who's gonna drive first, and the fact that I had better get to work because they want Monty beautiful for Rod Run this fall. (Yeah right!) But their dreams, and imagination as they climbed around in it's weathered and worn interior and pointed out what all I needed to get fixed brought a smile to my face. I wet my finger and rubbed away the dirt on the inside of the door to show them the original Maroon Metallic, the girls eyes opened wide and they thought it was the most wonderful color for any car ever.


My youngest was clinching the broken steering wheel like Parnelli Jones racing for the checkered flag in'65! They ran their hands down the length of Monty, they laughed and played saying he will be be the coolest car in town, and even had checkered flags like granddaddies Cyclone!
I have built and worked on many cars and especially Foxbodies over the years, twisted wrenches on all types of cars. I have built large horsepower motors, and had fun doing it, but I believe that Monty will be something special for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment