Starting Point

Starting Point
Rough, but a start.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swap, find, and make.

I have gotten a new fuel tank, sending unit, and assort other needed items. (Thanks to the great folks at Mac's and Auto Krafters) I still have no trunk pan, but have found that most of the metal replacements are not going to be a problem. I lucked up into a 66 Galaxie 500 that needs some work, but Monty is the goal. Talked it over with my father in law, and he suggested trading the Galaxie to a great body and paint guy to "expedite" Monty's facelift. This guy is an old school muscle car guy with YEARS of experience. Just what I am looking for, great restoration of the metal and I won't burn my eyes outta their sockets welding again! So... I will take lot's of pics as I begin the tear down, and we are heading off into our great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment